How Do I Get Help with my SAS Problem?
If you are stuck on a problem with SAS, there are several ways
to get assistance:
- Consult the manuals. Checking the manuals first will save you time
and enable you to be self sufficient in debugging SAS problems.
Manuals can be purchased or ordered through the GSU bookstore. Manuals
are available for examination the professor's office.
- For specific problems in running SAS locally, check the man
pages. At the system prompt, type
- Examples of SAS programs can be found in the directory ~dscbms/class/dsc8450/files.
The files prefixed with hatco. contain program command files for
the textbook. The file hatco (without an extension) contains the
main data set.
- There are many resources available through the Internet to provide
help. One possibility is to check the SAS Institute's web
page for FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Of course you can ask your instructor.
Return to Top Document