- Upon successfully completing the course, students should be able
to explain and apply the knowledge of the:
1. concepts of stress, strain, deformation, and rheological behaviors.
2. effects of time, temperature, and pressure on deformation
3. techniques of measuring linear and planar geologic features using
4. significance of brittle, plastic, and ductile deformations and
5. origin and mechanisms of formation of faults, fractures, and
6. processes and fabric that occur in shear zones & their kinematic
7. techniques of presentation/analysis of linear and planar fabric
8. interpretation of maps from simple and complexly-deformed areas.
the catalog description of the course at:https://www.gosolar.gsu.edu/webforstudent.htm