The Mathematics Interactive Learning Environment
MyMathLab Registration Procedures
Steps to Register in MyMathLab for New Users
If you are already a registered MyMathLab user and need to enroll in a new course , simply login to coursecompass and click "Enroll in a New Course".
...in the MILE
- Log on to the lab computer using your Novell login and password.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to www.coursecompass.com
- Click on Students Register.
- Go to bottom of the page where it says “Ready To Register” and click Next.
- Choose “No I am a New User”.
- Enter your 31-letter MyMathLab access code.
- Enter your School Zip (30303) and School Country (choose United States from the drop down menu). Click Next.
- Enter your course ID number (teacher's last name and 5 digits, no space) and click Next .
- Enter your First Name. Enter your Last Name. Enter your GSU Email Address, e.g., email@example.com . ( Do not enter any other email address!)
- Select GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY from the drop down menu.
- Choose and enter a Login Name and Password for MyMathLab. You must remember this information since this is how you will log in each time you use MyMathLab.
- Select a Security Question from the drop down menu and type in Your Answer. Click Next.
- Click on Log in Now. Enter your login name and password. It will say “Welcome …” and list the course you are taking on the upper left. Click on this course name. Choose homework from the left menu and start doing the first homework.
… outside of the MILE
You will only need to register once in MyMathLab to establish your log in and password. After that you can access your MyMathLab account from any Windows-based computer using Internet Explorer as long as you have the needed software plug-ins installed on that computer. Most campus public computers have the plug-ins already installed. To install these plug-ins on a personal computer, you must have administrative rights on the computer and you will need to run the MyMathLab Installation Wizard. It can be found on the course Welcome page after you log in to your MyMathLab account.
Call MyMathLab Student Tech Support if you need any tech support outside of the MILE. The phone number for Student Tech Support is 1 800 677 6337.