PEOPLE TO BE REMEMBERED
Leslie W Rue
Professor and Holder of the Carl R. Zwerner Chair
Rue specializes in family owned businesses and strategic management. He is the author or co-author of more than 50 professional articles and ten textbooks. His articles have appeared in journals such as Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Business Ethics and the Academy of Management Journal. His text on the principles of management is currently in the 8th edition and is one of the best selling such books in the country. Other texts by Rue include Strategic Management, Human Resource Management, 5th edition; and Supervision: Key Link to Productivity, 5th edition.
Began full-time at Georgia
State University in Fall of 1974.
Began Zwerner Chair in Fall of 1993.
1. Developed, got
faculty approval, and taught undergraduate course in Family Owned Business.
2. Organized and taught in numerous seminars/programs for family-owned business managers.
3. Funded and supported at least 12 faculty course releases and numerous graduate student research studies, all related to family-owned businesses.
4. Undertook a major research study investigating the managerial practices of family-owned businesses in Georgia. The findings of this study were and are being published in major journals in the field of family-owned business.
5. Undertook a major study comparing the managerial practices of family-business managers in Georgia that are involved in some aspect of international business trade with those family business managers in Georgia who are not involved in international business.
6. Undertook a major study with colleagures in the United Kingdom comparing the managerial practices of family-owned business managers in Georgia with those in a demographically similar area in the United Kingdom. These findings are currently submitted for publication.