Album 88 also works to serve the community through public affairs programming and public service announcements.
Who is Eligible?
Announcements pertaining to Georgia State University and its chartered student groups are given priority. When space permits, nonprofits that have a 501(c)(3) tax exempt status are eligible to request a PSA. For groups not related to the university, we prefer to air announcements which give our listeners a general idea about what the organization is and what it does, instead of announements about a specific event.
We no longer accept announcements for specific fundraisers which are not organized by Georgia State University, the Georgia State University Foundation, or a chartered student organization at Georgia State University.
I'm eligible! So now what?
If the PSAs concerns a specific event, the PSA must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the requested start date of the PSA.
What kind of information should I send?
Submissions must include the following information to be considered:
1. A basic description of the organization. Who are you and what do you do?
2. For GSU related events: When is it? Where is it? Why is the event taking place?
3. Contact information to be given out on air: phone or website
4. When you want us to begin airing the announcement
5. When you want us to stop airing the announcement
**If you are not a part of GSU, you MUST include your 501(c)(3) tax ID number. Please scan a copy of your IRS tax paperwork and attach it to the email.
Are there any restrictions/rules as far as the content/copy of the PSA?
1. No Hyping: for example, "Our blood drive is the best drive ever!"
2. No calls to action - such as, "Come see us the at the Atlanta Local Clown Showcase!"
3. No admission prices
4. No mention of fundraising
The PSA Director reserves the right to edit the copy of all PSAs to comply with FCC regulations and the style of WRAS
What format is best?
Script is preferred, but PSAs may also be submitted on CDs.
How long can my PSA be?
We like to keep them under 60 seconds.
I have submitted my PSA. Will it be aired?
The decision to air PSAs is at the discretion of the PSA Director. Organizations submitting PSAs via email will be notified if their PSA has been selected.
PSAs may be submitted to email@example.com or to:
WRAS-Atlanta Album 88
Georgia State University
Attn: PSA Director
P.O. Box 4048
Atlanta, GA 30302-4048