Advanced Campus Services
Directory Services Project
2. Summary of current activity (15 min)
NSF ITR "Semantic Interoperability" 3yrs $240,000
SURA NSF-REU thru Aug 2004 $ 13,640
SURA Intra-Testbed Grid thru Aug 2004 $ 17,315
NIH SECABC 5yrs
NSF MRI equipment grant 3 yrs
NSF Science & Engineering Info Integration and Informatics (SEIII)
ACS student support
CIS student support
IEEE Trans Sys Man Cybernetics (in review)
Lei Li - Intl Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering
Jijie Wang - COI Architecture
Nova Ahmed - Genome Alignment, MPICH-G2 (Grid enabled MPI v1.1)
Taruna Hariani - LSA query implementation for LDAP?
Project Tasks - See page 2
3. Plan for Spring 2004 (15 min)
Semantic Facilitator (TM) (SM)
Web Services Architecture
4. Round Robin (30 min)
Vijay, Chris, Carl, Sham, Diane, Art: preferred focal points
5. Discussion (30 min)
Next meeting: Wednesday February 18, 10am Classroom South 514
January 12, 2004 discussion and agreement.
Tasks that need to be finished by Feb 6, 2004.
These tasks are based on the write-up that each one of us presented at the end of the previous semester.
Grid: (Anish, Nicole, Nova, Imran)
· Catalog: in database, front end need assistance from Susan and Rishi if required. (Anish, Nicole)
· MPI: ACS, UAB (Nova)
· Dr. He's lab: need to get the four PC's on the grid
· ACS grid: Install Cygwin, Globus, MPI
· X1 grid: Globus, MPI
· Grid Portal: ACS + Dr. He's Lab, X1 try to get them talk or communicate (Imran)
Semantic Facilitator TM SM SFA Tool: (Susan, Rishi)
· Parameters: get them working
· SFA: some progress (Rishi)
· SOM graphing: Genetic Algorithm (Susan, Rishi)
Database: (Manish, Roop)
· LDAP schemas: want them done should be on "web services"
· Catalog data: in database, able to tokenize, SOM
Algorithm, SOM, Parallel, Genetic Algorithm: (Lei, Susan, Nova, Taruna, Jijie)
· LSA /LSI- write-up and demo (Taruna)
· Experiments: Reference Sets i.e. when you apply SOM to the subset of the reference set, see if it is working.
· Genetic Algorithm: tool option use ACS
Last Updated: March 2, 2006