Advanced Campus Services
Directory Services Project
Purpose of meeting : Review status: "Wrap up FY02," set goals FY03.
1. Status of grant proposals: NSF ITR, NSF NMI, SURA NMI Testbed
2. Pragmatic goals for ACS (paying the bills!)
See page 2
3. Tasks status:
4. Papers: WITS et al
5. What can we report on SUN AEG...!?
6. FY 2003 goals: team, tools, funds...
Next meeting : March 29, 2002, 3:30-5pm
ACS - Pragmatic Results (A.K.A. "Paying the Bills")
1. SURA reference model for video conferencing infrastructure
2. ODBC/JDBC Metamerge connectors ( synchronizing enterprise systems )
3. LDAP White Pages "self service" interface (see also CoI Interface)
4. ACL security implementation (eDir, iPlanet) - Can you hack this?
5. Authentication mechanism for LDAP. Netware authentication (what is it? Radius, Kerberos, certificate??)
6. "SOM challenge" - Can a clustering algorithm do as well as Art/Victor? (Can it benefit or leverage Internet2 Middleware Initiative? )
7. CoI Interface model (can it bring in funding? )
8. Peer-to-Peer tool? (cf. http://www.jxta.org/ just for fun? )
Last Updated: March 2, 2006