Art Education: Master of Art Education
This program offers an advanced degree in art education structured to build a community of collegial professionals who demonstrate disciplinary expertise including knowledge of the content of art education, skill with sound pedagogical strategies, understanding of current scholarship and issues within the field, and the ability to positively impact student learning. Special emphasis is placed on the teaching of diverse learners in urban/metropolitan settings.
Specific objectives for students completing the MAEd program include:
- Expanding their skills and understandings in studio art production and contemporary art concepts;
- Developing their pedagogical skills and strategies as master teachers;
- Empowering them to integrate current theory and best practices in their classrooms;
- Fostering their critical thinking skills and life-long learning as members of a professional community;
- Developing their leadership and advocacy skills to have an impact on students, classrooms, communities, schools, districts, and professional organizations.