Banner Multimedia Basic Navigation Training
The Banner Systems
office is offering a Sungard developed multimedia/computer-based navigation
training course to satisfy the Banner Basic Navigation Training requirement part for those Georgia
State Banner end-users
This training course
provides employees with a basic understanding of how to navigate
in the Banner Systems. There is an audio component for users with
sound capabilities. Throughout the training course, there are
self-test quizzes, and there is guided practice to allow you to
enter a new record. There is also a Post-test at the end for user
to review the training material.
The training course
covers all the basic skills such as:
- Navigating through the menus
- Accessing and entering information on Banner forms
- Using buttons
- Using drop-down menus from the menu bar
- Using the toolbar in an easy to use format.
This multimedia/computer-based training course should take approximately
2 hours to complete. Users can work on one section at
a time and return later to complete another module.
Users must download
the Banner Basic Navigation training documentation for the following
- Information on connecting to Banner at Georgia State
- Instructions on performing a query before adding information
to the database
- Using a QuickFlow
- Creating a Personal Menu
- Changing Password
The documentation link is http://www.gsu.edu/bantrain/pass_doc.htm
Please note that the Documentation webpage
is for Georgia State University employees only and is a password
protected page. When you registered for the Multimedia training,
we will send you the username and password to access the documentation
of completion before granting users access
Upon receiving certification
of completion from authorized signers, the multimedia navigation
training course will satisfy the training requirement for obtaining
Before Banner access
indicated on the Banner Account Request
form will be granted to the user, the user must…
1. Complete all assessments at the end of each lesson.
2. Complete the Multimedia Training Navigation review.
3. Write his/her name on the review.
5. Submit the Review to the appropriate authorized
6. Download and print out the GSU Basic Navigation documentation.
The authorized signer must…
1. Make sure the user has a copy of the Georgia State Basic Navigation documentation.
2. Sign the Review to certify that the user has successfully
completed the training.
3. Fax the signed Review with the user's name to the
Banner Systems Office office at 404-413-2265.
for the multimedia navigation course
User will register for the multimedia navigation course by submitting
the multimedia navigation registration form on-line. Upon receiving
the multimedia navigation registration form, the Banner Systems office
will send user instructions via email on how to access the multimedia
for classes, click here:
<Multimedia Navigation Registration>
To go to the
Student System Query schedule, click here: <Student System
Query Training Schedule>