- 11-20-2013: Immigrant's Rights are HumanRights:Panel & Discussion, TroyMoore Library
- 09-25-2013: Cuban Blogosphere: Virtual Citizens.-Orlando Luis Pardo Lazo, Langdale 804
- 04-24-2013: A Bilingual poetry reading followed by discussion, 527 Classroom South
- 03-05-2013: SACRED MOUNTAINS OF THE AMERICAS, Dr. MarÍa Constanza Ceruti - Troy Moore Library
News from the Center
- CHILE A South American Success Story October, 9, 2013 - Troy Moore Library
- HABLA is now accepting scholarship applications through Monday, September, 16th, 2013
- Jennifer McCoy was quoted in an article about the challenges Venezuela's Acting President, Nicolas Maduro will face
- Prof. Henry Carey travels to Haiti with CLALS-sponsored research grant.
- John Quiñones to speak at Georgia State University
- Prof. Melanie Davenport creates animated shorts illustrating stories of the Wixarika youth in their own language
Welcome to clals
Welcome to Georgia State University's Center for Latin American and Latino/a Studies, an interdisciplinary teaching, research, and community service program for the Latin American and Latino communities in Georgia. Our certificate program provides critical education and training for both academic and professional careers.
CLALS offers students extensive knowledge of Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as their corresponding communities within the United States, through a combination of academic study, personalized training, and research abroad. Additionally, it provides a forum for dialogue among faculty, students, and the general population of the Atlanta metro region. Our program embraces a variety of fields and it is committed to historically informed and interdisciplinary approaches that promote a more thorough understanding of differences within Latin America and beyond its borders in a global context.
Please contact us if you would like more information. We will enjoy introducing you to our staff, arranging a tour around campus, and discussing with you how Latin American Studies at Georgia State University can be part of your future.
The following information pertains to the certificate program for the Center for Latin American and Latino/a Studies at Georgia State University.
Latin American Studies
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
Graduate Tuition per credit hour: In-State $320.00; Out-of-State $1200.00
Undergraduate Tuition per credit hour: In-State $242.74; Out-of-State $849.74
Mandatory Student Fees per term: $1064.00
Books and Supplies per term: $500.00
Room and Board per term: $4613.00
*All figures are estimates only and subject to change without notice.