Spring Semester 2010: Community-Based Media Production (Film 4125)
Meets Tuesdays from 11am to 12:40pm and Thursdays from 11am to 2:30pm.
GSU is offering Community-Based Media Production (Film 4125/Comm 6125) again this coming Spring semester, which will make for a rich and unique collaboration involving cross-cultural exchange via Skype and digital web and video production.
Class participants will begin by producing a local Metro Atlanta-based digital video or web-based project -- and then be collaborating with film and art students from two major universities in the country of Colombia. The course curriculum builds in an end-of-the semester public screening to a sizable and enthusiastic Metro Atlanta audience. The international component also likely ensures screenings in South America!
Technology-wise, the course will be using JVC HD cameras and have access to a lab housing Macs with Final Cut Pro and other web and graphic design software.
As Community-Based Media is an advanced video production class that focuses on collaborative cross-cultural exchange and storytelling via digital media (the web, mobile media and video, for example), the class is best served by being populated with students who have production skills and/or community outreach backgrounds.
If interested, please briefly discuss:
- your digital video, audio or web design/production skill set and any other related creative abilities
- related courses that you have taken at GSU or elsewhere
- any community outreach, advocacy and volunteering or cross-cultural background and experiences
- anything else that makes you qualified for the class
Please also note your:
- major and minor
- standing (sophomore, junior, senior, grad student, etc.)
- overall GSU GPA
- your Panther ID # (for course authorization purposes)
The class meets on Tuesdays from 11am to 12:40pm and Thursdays form 11am to 2:30pm.
Please send notify Professor Niklas Vollmer, including your Panther ID # and responses by 10am on Monday, November 23rd if you are interested in registering for the class.