The Village was home
to athletes from 47 different countries during the 1996 Summer Olympic
Games in Atlanta. It is located approximately 1.25 miles from the Georgia
State University main campus (4 MARTA stops away, including one train
MARTA is wheelchair
accessible. If you wish to reserve an accessible room at the GSU Village,
please contact Sarah Cook, email@example.com.
per night, per bedroom - 4 bedroom and 6 bedroom
for GSU lodging must be included at the time of conference registration.
rates available from June 7 to June 10, check-out June 11. The deadline
to reserve at this rate is May 28, 2001.
- All apartments consist of 4-bedroom and 6-bedroom set-ups
- Every bedroom is a single, with a two door closet unit, 3 drawer dresser,
desk, desk chair, bed and mattress
- Residents share a living room and a kitchen
- There are two bathrooms in the four bedrooms and three bathrooms in
the six bedrooms
- The kitchen is considered a full kitchen with a refrigerator with
ice maker, garbage disposal, dishwasher, full size range and microwave
(no dishes or silverware are provided)
- The apartment has a live telephone line located in the kitchen (actual
telephones are not provided). Phones numbers to each apartment are available
- Internet service can be reached by using this phone jack providing
your Internet provide is either local or is capable of being reached
from a 1-800 number.
- Every apartment also has a living room with a 3 seat couch, upholstered
chair, a dining table and two chairs.
- The University Village has a fitness center and a gymnasium that is
available to the conference attendees
- Several restaurants are within walking distance (Quizno's Subs and
Sandwiches and Wendy's are on site, as well as the infamous Varsity
Restaurant that is within walking distance)
- Limited PARKING is available on-site for $5.00 per day
- MARTA train station is located two blocks east of the Village.