Now, it’s time to ask yourselves, how do we plan to complete this task? These are a few questions that you may want to consider to help answer your initial question.
Now, these are a lot of questions to ponder over and think well about. These are some websites that can help guide you in the right direction of thought.
Budgeting: Materials and overall cost limits
- Check this website for cost ideas and material analysis
Designing: Layout and plans
- Check this website for plan and layout designs
- Check these for facility ideas, features, and variations
Health Scientist: Equipment and access
- Check this website for disability access guidelines
- Check this site for equipment choices
Engineering: Building and function
- Check this website for facility organization, development, and construction
Testing: Function and final approval
- Check these sites for safety ideas
www.gsu.edu/~wwwche (click on health websites, click on teacher/ student resources, click on “Teacher tested ideas”)
- Check this site for checklists and overall guidelines on health and fitness
Resources: There are so many places you can go for additional resources. Talk to your P.E. teacher for ideas and suggestions, go to your local recreation and fitness facilities and talk to directors for organizing ideas, talk with trainers for equipment recommendations, and talk with health teacher for possible vending suggestions. Go to any number of websites, books, articles, magazines, T.V. channels (I recommend Discovery or TLC), or basically any place that will give you solid information. It’s your choice!