Slide 11 of 20
- Digital Libraries featuring streaming high-fidelity audio and video content, large bitmap scanned images that appear instantaneously on the screen, and new forms of data visualization
- Collaboration environments that encompass virtual laboratory support, remote instrumentation, session record and playback, easy-to-use real-time discussions with audio, video, text and every window having “whiteboard” features.
- Immersion environments, supporting new forms of collaboration through three-dimensional, virtual shared presence
- Music instrumentation with high-fidelity, multi-channel, multi-party audio and video; interactivity, to support ensemble playing and music/dance improvisation; and synchronization of audio, video, and annotations.
- Tele-medicine, including remote diagnosis and monitoring
- Computation and data-intensive applications, such as the correlation of physical and social science data involved in evaluation population movement in the context of a region’s climate settings.