Slide 12 of 20
- Quality of Service: Bandwidth reservation, transactional guarantees, real-time services, etc. Versus today’s Internet “best effort” capability. Is it a graduated scale of quality, or simply “quality versus best-effort”
- Network-aware applications: How do applications ask for Quality of Service? How do they know if they are getting it?
- High Fidelity Audio and Video: Exploring non-proprietary approaches to encoding video/audio content at high data rates.
- Tools: Improvements in utilities such as FTP
- Collaboration Infrastructure: How to build these environments, including mediating control, displaying whiteboard contents, and of special interest is integrating the control of remote scientific instruments.