VISUAL IDENTITY POLICIES
The following policies are intended to provide guidelines for and manage the use of the Georgia State University identity program. This program consists of the
- university logo (logotype plus flame graphic);
- the university seal;
- flame graphic (alone);
- the athletic logos including the mascot Pounce; and
- the colors and typography as they pertain to business cards, stationery, Web sites and other university publications:
- All internal and external design and production using the Georgia State University logo, flame graphic and seal must be approved by the Division of University Relations.
- All Georgia State publications will display an approved university logo.
- All Georgia State Web sites will display an approved university logo.
- The logos may not be altered in any way, and the colors may not be changed.
- Respect the space around the logo, making sure it is visible in the design.
Commerical Use of Logos
- External use of the approved university logo, flame graphic and/or seal for commercial use will be negotiated and managed by the Department of Auxiliary Services.
- External commercial use (items for resale) of the approved athletic logos will be negotiated and managed by the Department of Auxiliary Services.
- All Georgia State University business cards, stationery and envelopes must be designed and typeset by the Division of University Relations and must adhere to the approved university templates. This is to ensure that the branded image of Georgia State University will be presented in a consistent manner.
- Once designed and typeset by the Division of University Relations, all business cards, stationery and envelopes must be printed by University Printing & Copy Services, Georgia State's official print shop.
- The athletic logos including the mascot Pounce are available for reproduction to promote school spirit with approval from the Department of Athletics and / or the Division of University Relations.
- The athletic logos and Pounce are trademarked and copyrighted images that must be displayed in the official colors of blue (PMS 286), red (PMS 186), white and black and may not be altered in any manner.
- Use of the approved Georgia State seal will be limited to official material such as diplomas, diploma frames, class rings, certificates, invitations to official university functions and ceremonial banners and flags. All usage will be approved by the Division of University Relations.
- The official Georgia State colors are blue (PMS 286) and white. Accents are gray (PMS 404) and red (PMS 186).
- The university logo, flame graphic or athletic logos may NEVER be reproduced in red.
- When using the words Georgia State University as a "stand-alone" (not accompanied by the flame graphic), State must be underlined in red, black or reversed out of a solid color.