Applying to the IEP
- Applicants should have a basic knowledge of English before submitting a complete and signed application to the IEP
- Applicants must have graduated from high school (copy of high school diploma in English; university transcripts also accepted)
- Copies of applicable immigration or visa documents must be included
- $100 non-refundable application fee (+$50.00 international express mailing fee) must be submitted
- Admission to the IEP is not the same admission to Georgia State University. Academic admission requires a direct, separate application to Georgia State University's Office of Admission
- GSU offers conditional admission to undergraduate students who meet all academic requirements (except English proficiency)
- Early enrollment is advised
| Applying for:
| 2013 Summer (May - July)
|| April 5, 2013
|2013 Fall (August - December)
|| July 5, 2013
| 2014 Spring (January - April)
||November 29, 2013)
*Important information for F-1 students: Visa processing times vary from country to country, so we recommend applying as early as possible so you will have enough time to receive your visa.
If you are a resident or transferring from another program, the deadline is extended one week.
Transferring to Another School, Extending I-20, Early Registration
If you (1) enter the USA with an 1-20 from the Intensive English Program at Georgia State University; (2) transfer from another school/program and receive an I-20 from the IEP at GSU; (3) extend your GSU IEP I-20; or (4) early register for IEP classes and then decide to withdraw, there is a $500.00 admnistrative withdrawal fee.
Readmission for former students is handled on a case-by-case basis. Students must consult with the IEP prior to submitting a request for readmission.