LARC facilities are available for use by the all students enrolled in a class offered by the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and in selected classes of the Department of Applied Linguistics (IEP) and language courses offered by the Middle East Center (Hebrew, Arabic, Turkish, Farsi, etc.).
All Georgia State University students, faculty, and staff interested in foreign-language learning are also welcome to use the LARC with approval by the LARC coordinator.
Available LARC Services
- Walk-in computer lab for listening, recording, and other language activities
- Walk-tutoring in multiple languages (see schedule for hours, subject to change each semester)
- Satellite international television channels
- Access to Rosetta Stone and Tell-Me-More language software
- International videos and DVDs available for viewing in the LARC
- Assistance and training on the use of Wimba Voice Tools for recording
- Current textbooks, workbooks and other materials available for use in the LARC
- Reference works, such as dictionaries, grammar references, extra practice materials
- Digitized media (listening files, etc) available on LARC network
We encourage all language students to consider the LARC to be your language learning space and enjoy hosting study groups, language clubs, and special interest groups in the LARC. The staff of the LARC are all language students, or have recently been language students, and are happy to assist you in getting the most out of your language-learning experience.
For more information, be sure to check out the LARC hours, tutoring schedule, and policies.