The framework for developing this Campus Master Plan Update came from principles confirmed by the Campus Planning Committee during a visioning process.
1. Integrate the university into the City of Atlanta. (A part of the City, not apart from the City.)
2. Use structures and systems to connect campus functions.
3. House 20 percent of a 36,000 student per semester enrollment on campus by 2015.
4. Support transportation patterns that encourage pedestrian traffic and the use of mass transit.
5. Create a sense of place and identity.
6. Establish a central core of campus facilities and a secondary zone for support services.
7. Create a series of useful Capital Planning Tools.
"... to become the leading urban research university ..."