2. Identify obsolete and substandard university facilities, those otherwise not suited to the Strategic Plan, and program them for replacement. Table 4.5 identifies most of the facilities currently meeting these criteria:
- • Sparks Hall
- • Kell Hall
- • Aquatics
- • Courtland Building
- • Counseling Center
- • 148 Edgewood
- • 158 Edgewood
- • 184 Edgewood
- • The Sports Arena
- • Georgia State Village
- • N Deck
- • S Deck
- • K Deck
- • As of June 2005, the Board of Regents authorized the replacement of Sparks Hall with the Humanities Building.
- • New teaching and research science laboratory facilities, which can replace Kell Hall, are programmed for design beginning in the first quarter of 2006.
- • A 90,000 GSF expansion of the Student Recreation Center on the site of S Deck is identified in the Master Plan. A new deck on the site of N and K Decks would replace N, K and S decks. The new deck would be constructed prior to demolition of S Deck and expansion of the Recreation Center.
- • The Master Plan indicates that additional academic, administrative
and residential space will be required to meet growth targets in the
- • Other academic, administrative, and residential buildings not replacing buildings in the campus core will be located primarily in sector A.