2012 Conflict Resolution Symposium
Join new and seasoned Conflict Resolution practitioners as well as undergraduate and graduate students as they network, discuss significant trends of the field, and meet and mentor emerging leaders. This year's theme is: "From Chaos to Composure: Creating Positive Change Using Conflict Resolution Skills." Professionals will be discussing how conflict resolution skills impact the change process. We hope participants will leave the symposium empowered to integrate their skills in their work as agents of change!
CR Symposium Goals:
- Provide Conflict Resolution practitioners a forum for learning and adding to their “toolboxes.”
- GODR Continuing Education Credit pending for registered neutrals!
- Introduce college students to the CR field and the benefits of acquiring conflict resolution skills.
- Offer an opportunity for advanced practitioners to meet and mentor new and upcoming CR practitioners.
- Host a Mock Mediation Tournament for undergraduate “Peacemaking Teams” to showcase their skills.
- Provide a platform for advanced practitioners to share successes and struggles in their work, and to exchange ideas.
- Sponsor an Exhibition Hall for local consultants, firms, higher education programs and others to market their services.
- Networking, Networking, Networking with like-minded professionals!
Friday, October 12, 2012, 3:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Check-in will begin at 2:00 p.m. for general CR Symposium participants
Mock Mediation Tournament participants can check in at 9:00 a.m.
Georgia State University Student Center
44 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Symposium check-in will be by the elevators in the Speaker's Auditorium lobby.
The M Deck is across the street from the Student Center and is the closest parking facility to the symposium. The entrance to the M Deck Lot is at Auditorium place, accessible from either Courtland or Piedmont Avenue. It costs $6 cash to park in the M Deck Lot.
Office of the Ombudsperson
Top of Page