2014 Conflict Resolution Symposium
Come join new and seasoned Conflict Resolution practitioners, local artists, and undergraduate and graduate students as they network, discuss creative ways to create a peaceful community, and meet and mentor emerging leaders. This year’s theme is “Acting Out: Using Storytelling Mediums to Manage Conflict.” As this theme indicates, the presenters will be discussing the use of storytelling in various forms, such as radio, film, music, spoken word, etc., to impact change and foster peace. After a delightful afternoon with this year's impressive collection of speakers, we hope participants will leave empowered to be creative and collaborative in their approaches to conflict resolution!
CR Symposium Goals:
Support the work of the Consortium on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution and the Board of Regents' Initiative and Policy Direction on Conflict Resolution to establish networks and systems within higher education which share research and sustain effective problem solving at the lowest possible level.
- Provide Conflict Resolution practitioners a forum for learning and adding to their “toolboxes.”
- Provide GODR Continuing Education Credit for registered neutrals!
- Introduce college students to the CR field and the benefits of acquiring conflict resolution skills.
- Offer an opportunity for advanced practitioners to meet and mentor new and upcoming CR practitioners.
- Host a Mock Mediation Tournament for undergraduate “Peacemaking Teams” to showcase their skills.
- Provide a platform for advanced practitioners to share successes and challenges in their work, and to exchange ideas.
- Sponsor an Exhibition Hall for local consultants, firms, higher education programs and others to market their services.
- Networking, Networking, Networking with like-minded professionals!
Friday, Oct. 14, 2013, 2:00-7:30 p.m.
Check-in will begin at 1:00 p.m. for general CR Symposium participants
Mock Mediation Tournament participants can check in at 9:00 a.m.
Georgia State University Student Center
44 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Symposium check-in will be by the elevators in the Speaker's Auditorium lobby.
The M Deck is across the street from the Student Center and is the closest parking facility to the symposium. The entrance to the M Deck Lot is at Auditorium place, accessible from either Courtland or Piedmont Avenue. It costs $6 cash to park in the M Deck Lot.
Office of the Ombudsperson