The policy on exception from RGTE 0199 is changed by added the material in italics.
Students may exempt RGTE 0199 by scoring at or above specified scores on the following examinations:
1. Regents' Essay Test exemption score: 2
2. College Board Advanced Placement (AP) English Language and Composition exemption score: 3
3. College Board Advanced Placement (AP) English Literature and Composition exemption score: 3
4. International Baccalaureate (IB) higher-level English exemption score: 4
5. SAT II English Writing exemption score: 650
SAT - I Verbal score of at least 530 and a grade of "A" in English 1101, or
SAT - I Verbal score of at least 590 and a grade of "B" in English 1101, or
ACT English score of at least 23 and a grade of "A" in English 1101, or
ACT English score of at least 26 and a grade of "B" in English 1101
(Not available for students entering the System Summer 2008 or later)
7. SAT Reasoning Test, Writing Section exemption score: 560 (effective Spring 2007)
The BOR has made the changes in points #6 and #7 to their policy. We are obliged to make the change to 6 because no institution is allowed to have an exemption that is not approved by the BOR. We are not required to add exemption 7. The BOR does not require institutions to use the exemptions. However, not adding exemption #7 would put our students at a disadvantage compared with other institutions, and the exemption is academically justified.