1. Stimulate integration and expansion of existing research programs that focus on relationship between human rights and democracy
2. Establish annual lecture series, drawing to Georgia State University speakers of national and international prominence to address broad audiences on themes related to Center’s core foci
3. Sponsor one or more symposia each year focusing on specific case or research theme, establishing a forum for discussion of research (both pure and applied) by experts in the field
4. Provide support and research opportunities for graduate students across disciplines ; 5. Advance study abroad programs and other curricular innovations
6. Address human rights policy issues at local, national, and international levels by providing expert analysis, training, and outreach.