Goals of the Department of Psychology's Committee on Diversity
- Educational and Professional Development: Educate faculty and students on culture and worldview and their relation to philosophies of knowledge, research methodology, and practice.
- Excellence in Scholarship: Promote scholarship that is cognizant of diversity within psychological theory, research, teaching, and practice.
- Social Analysis and Ethics: Create opportunities for faculty and students to examine the sociocultural implications and impact of their work.
- Organization Development: Facilitate the ongoing improvement of all aspects of departmental operations and policies, for the welfare of faculty, students, and staff.
- Equal Access and Opportunity: Support affirmative action policies and other recruitment and retention initiatives that promote a demographically diverse faculty, staff, and student body.