Bates, Belinda (Ed). (Fall 1997). Self-advocacy: Empowerment for adult learners with learning disabilities. Linkages, Linking Literacy & Learning Disabilities 4(2).
- Gottesman, R. L. (1992). Literacy and adults with severe learning difficulties. Journal of the National Association for Adults with Special Learning Needs, 2(1), 48-53.
- Skinner, Louise; Gillespie, Phyllis: Balkam, Lynda (1997). Adults who learn differently: Help through a volunteer literacy program, Annals of Dyslexia, 47, 185-202.
- Reder, S. (in press). Literacy Education and Learning Disabilities. Philadelphia: PA, National Center on Adult Literacy.
- Ross-Gordon, J. M. (1989). Adults with Learning Disabilities: An Overview for the Adult Educator, (Information Series No. 337), Columbus, OH: ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult, Career, and Vocational Education.
- Ryan, A. & Price, L. (1993). Learning disabilities in adult education: A survey of current practices, Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability, 10(3), 31-40.