Section 14. Committee on Commencement
- The Committee on Commencement shall
be composed of the President; the Registrar; the Associate Vice President
for Student Life and
Dean of Students; at least seven (7) faculty
members, elected at large; one staff senator; and two (2) students who
are also members of the University Senate. In addition, the representative
of the Emeriti Association will attend as a non-voting member.
- The duties of the committee shall include the following:
- To develop a pool of speakers for commencement
- To review and make recommendations concerning commencement
exercises and related activities, and
- To review and make recommendations concerning honorary degree candidates to
the President. The President submits the candidates' names to the Board of
Regents for final approval.
- Recommendations concerning speakers for commencement
exercises may be made to the committee by members of
the university faculty.
Recommendations concerning honorary degree candidates may be made by any
faculty member, staff member, student or alumnus.
- The committee shall elect a new chair within ten (10)
working days after the election of a new committee.
Bylaws Table of Contents
Faculty Handbook Guide