Section 3. Committee on University Statutes and Senate Bylaws
- The Committee on University Statutes and
Senate Bylaws shall be composed of two administrators
appointed by the President; one student who is a member
of the Senate; one staff senator; and at least seven (7) faculty members
as follows: one (1) senator from each college, one
(1) from the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, and one (1)
from the University Library.
- The duties of the committee shall be:
- To review periodically, the
University Statutes and Senate Bylaws of the University
and to recommend to the Senate such amendments as it
deems necessary or appropriate; and
- To receive from university councils, committees,
administrative officers, and faculty members, any
proposals for amendments to the University Statutes and
Senate Bylaws, to consider such proposals and to make
appropriate recommendations on each proposal as specified
in Article XIV
of the University Statutes and Article IX of the Senate
Bylaws of Georgia State University.
- At the discretion of the President, the members of
the committee may serve as an advisory committee on
questions of interpretation of the University Statutes
and Senate Bylaws.
- The committee shall elect a chair within ten (10)
working days after the election of a new committee.
Bylaws Table of Contents
Faculty Handbook Guide