Section 4. Library Committee
- The Library Committee shall
be composed of the Dean of Libraries, the Associate
Provost for Academic Programs; two students
who are members of the Senate; one staff senator; and at least seven (7)
faculty members, as follows; one (1) representative
from each college, one (1) from the Andrew Young School of Policy
Studies, with any additional members elected at large.
- The committee shall be advisory to the Dean of Libraries, shall make
recommendations to the University
Senate, and shall serve as liaison between the members
of the faculty and the library.
- The duties of the committee shall be:
- To review annually the status of the
Library as it affects the programs and curricula of
the University, and as it relates to the standards of
the various accrediting agencies; and to make such
recommendations for improvement as may seem necessary;
- To advise the Dean of Libraries on policy and
operational matters which may be brought to the committee
by the Dean of Libraries or referred to the committee
by the University Senate;
- To review with the Dean of Libraries matters of
long-range library planning, and to make recommendations
- To receive from the faculty or from any college or
unit recommendations or suggestions which may aid in
the development, promote efficient service, or encourage
increased use of the Library.
- The committee shall elect a chair within ten (10)
working days after the election of a new committee.
Bylaws Table of Contents
Faculty Handbook Guide