Directions for iPod
Download the Tour to Your Computer
- Dowload the tour to your computer by clicking the button on this page labeled "Download Enhanced Podcast".
- Follow the prompts supplied by your browser to download "GeorgiaStateCampusTourEnhancedPodcast.zip" to your computer. Make sure to remember the location where you save the file to your hard drive.
- Find the file "GeorgiaStateCampusTourEnhancedPodcast.zip" on your hard drive and extract (unzip) the contents of the file to a folder on your hard drive, again remembering the location where you are saving the files. The extracted folder should contain two files, "GeorgiaStateCampusTourEnhancedPodcast.m4a" and "GeorgiaStateCampusTourMap.pdf".
Import the Tour to iTunes and Sync Your iPod
To take advantage of the supplemental images provided in the enhanced podcast, you must make sure the "Display album artwork on your iPod" preference is selected in iTunes before you update your iPod. Follow the directions provided on the Apple website in order to make sure this preference is selected in your version of iTunes.
- Open iTunes.
- Choose File --> Import.
- Locate the file "GeorgiaStateCampusTourEnhancedPodcast.m4a" on your computer and click the "Open" button.
- Confirm that the name "Georgia State University Campus Walking Tour" now appears in your Music Library.
- To transfer the tour to your iPod, connect the device your computer and sync it with your iTunes library.
Print Supplemental Materials
The enhanced podcast version of the tour contains images that will help you navigate the campus, but for additional support you may choose to print the supplemental map and text brochure that is contained in the same download as the enhanced podcast file. To view and print the file, you will need Adobe Acrobat.
- If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat, download the software and follow the instructions supplied on Adobe's website to install it.
- Locate the file "GeorgiaStateCampusTourMap.pdf" on your hard drive and double click to open the file.
- Choose File --> Print from the Adobe Acrobat menu to print the brochure.
Take the Tour Using Your iPod
The Georgia State Campus Walking Tour stops at 16 points of interest on campus. At each point of interest, the significance of the area will be explained, followed by directions to the next point of interest.
After you reach each point of interest, press the play button to view the information associated with that area. Before continuing to the next point of interest, you will be prompted to press the pause button to delay the next description until you reach the next destination.
If you miss some portion of a description or set of directions, you can repeat the section by pressing the back button on your iPod.
The Enhanced Podcast version of the tour is supplemented with images of the areas you will tour and maps between the points. If you need to view the images at a larger size, press the button at the center of your iPod's touchpad twice, in quick succession, to enlarge the image.
Depending on your iPod's settings, your screen's backlighting may turn off after a set amount of time. To relight the screen, simply interact with the iPod's touchpad. If you would like to set your iPod so that the backlight stays on longer, alowing you to view the images for this tour more easily, follow these instructions.
To begin the tour, locate "Georgia State University Campus Walking Tour" on your portable device and press play once you have reached the entrance to the Student Center.
Enjoy the tour!