Directions for iPod
Download the Tour to Your Computer
- Dowload the tour to your computer by clicking the button on this page labeled "Download Video".
- Follow the prompts supplied by your browser to download "GeorgiaStateCampusTourVideo.zip" to your computer. Make sure to remember the location where you save the file to your hard drive.
- Find the file "GeorgiaStateCampusTourVideo.zip" on your hard drive and extract (unzip) the contents of the file to a folder on your hard drive, again remembering the location where you are saving the files. The extracted folder should contain two files, "GeorgiaStateCampusTourVideo.mov" and "GeorgiaStateCampusTourMap.pdf".
Import the Tour and Sync Your Portable Device
The video version of the walking tour is supplied as a .mov. Many video enabled devices will be able to play the tour in this format. However, if you are unable to sync the movie to your device, consult your devices' media management software's help to find out how to convert the movie to its accepted format.
- Import the file named "GeorgiaStateCampusTourVideo.mov" into the media syncing software that you use for your portable device such as iTunes or Windows Media Player, among others.
- Confirm that the name "Georgia State University Campus Walking Tour" now appears in your media library.
- Connect your portable device to your computer and sync it.
Print Supplemental Materials
The video version of the tour contains visual elements that will help you navigate the campus, but for additional support you may choose to print the supplemental map that is contained in the same download as the video file. To view and print the file, you will need Adobe Acrobat.
- If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat, download the software and follow the instructions supplied on Adobe's website to install it.
- Locate the file "GeorgiaStateCampusTourMap.pdf" on your hard drive and double click to open the file.
- Choose File --> Print from the Adobe Acrobat menu to print the brochure.
Take the Tour
The Georgia State University Campus Walking Tour stops at 16 points of interest on campus. At each point of interest, the significance of the area will be explained, followed by directions to the next point of interest.
After you reach each point of interest, press play to view the information associated with that area. Before continuing to the next point of interest, you will be prompted to press pause to delay the next description until you reach the next destination.
To begin the tour, locate "Georgia State University Campus Walking Tour" on your portable device and press play once you have reached the entrance to the Student Center.
Enjoy the tour!