Directions for iPod
Download the Tour to Your Computer
- Dowload the tour to your computer by clicking the button on this page labeled "Download MP3s".
- Follow the prompts supplied by your browser to download "CentennialParkMP3.zip" to your computer. Make sure to remember the location where you save the file to your hard drive.
- Find the file "CentennialParkMP3.zip" on your hard drive and extract (unzip) the contents of the file to a folder on your hard drive, again remembering the location where you are saving the files. The extracted folder should contain, a folder named "Centennial Olympic Park Walking Tour" and "CentennialParkBrochure.pdf".
Import the Tour and Sync Your Portable Device
- Import the folder named "Centennial Olympic Park Walking Tour " into the software that you use for transferring music to your portable devices such as iTunes or Windows Media Player, among others.
- Confirm that the name "Centennial Olympic Park Walking Tour" now appears in your media library.
- Connect your MP3 player to your computer and sync it.
Print Supplemental Materials
It is highly recommended that you print the supplemental map and brochure supplied with this audio only version of the tour. To view and print the file, you will need Adobe Acrobat.
- If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat, download the software and follow the instructions supplied on Adobe's website to install it.
- Locate the file "CetennialParkBrochure.pdf" on your hard drive and double click to open the file.
- Choose File --> Print from the Adobe Acrobat menu to print the brochure.
Take the Tour
The MP3 version of the tour consists of an album of 11 tracks which include an introduction to the park and information about 10 points of interest within the park. At each point of interest, the significance of the area will be explained, followed by directions to the next point of interest.
After you reach each point of interest, press play to hear the information associated with that area. Before continuing to the next point of interest, you will be prompted to press pause to delay the next description until you reach the next destination.
To begin the tour, locate the album "Centennial Olympic Park Walking Tour" on your portable device and press play once you have reached the main entrance to the park on the corner of Marietta Street and Centennial Olympic Park Drive.
Enjoy the tour!