- September 13, 2012 -- Samantha King, "Imperial Charity: The US-Middle East Partnership for Breast Cancer Awareness."
- October 8, 2012 -- Mary Lou Rasmussen, "Cool Secularism? Reframing 'Progressive' Sexuality Education."
- February 21, 2013 -- Molly Doane, "From Cooperative Work to Work Cooperatives: Gender, Family, and Labor in the Fair Trade System."
- April 11, 2013 -- Roopali Mukherjee, "Cadillac Consumer: Black Material Culture and the Care of the Racial Self."
All talks will be held in the Troy Moore Library, room 939 of the General Classroom Building, at 4:30pm.
- November 14, 2011, 3:30pm to 5:00pm - Special Collections (8th floor of Library South) - "Arguments Worth Having." Presented by Robyn Weigman, Professor of Women's Studies and Literature at Duke University and author of American Anatomies: Theorizing Race and Gender (1995), Who Can Speak: Identity and Critical Authority (1995), Feminism Beside Itself (1995), AIDS and the National Body (1997), The Futures of American Studies (2002), Women's Studies on Its Own (2002), and others.
- February 25, 2010 - "Affect, Archive, and the Everyday: Queer Diasporic Re-visions." Presented by Gayatri Gopinath, Department of Social & Cultural Analysis at New York University, author of Impossible Desires: Queer Diasporas and South Asian Public Cultures.
- September 17, 2009 - "Foucault & the Psychic Life of Queer Theory." Presented by Lynne Huffer, Chiar of Emory's Department of Women’s Studies and author of Mad for Foucault: Rethinking the Foundations of Queer Theory.
- September 17, 2008 - A Conversation in Celebration of Imagining Arab Womanhood, a new book by Amira Jarmakani. With Angelika Bammer (Emory University), Laura Bier (Georgia Institute of Technology), Soumay Khalifa (Islamic Speakers Bureau), and Amira Jarmakani (Institute for Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies). 2008-2009 Speakers Series.
- September 25, 2008 - "In Search of Dark Ladies: Writing Literary/Historical Fiction." With Charlene Ball. Brown Bag Series.
- October 7, 2008 - "Between Art, Politics, and Theory: Mary Kelly's Love Songs." With Susan Richmond. Brown Bag Series.
- October 29, 2008 - "Multicultural Feminist Mentoring Through a Psychology of Women Course." With Barbara Gormley. Brown Bag Series.
- November 6, 2008 - Anne L. Harper Annual Lecture in Women's Studies, "Gender, Security, and Culture: Feminist Responses to the War on Terror." With Inderpal Grewal (University of CA-Irvine). 2008-2009 Speakers Series. Reception following.
- January 29, 2008 - "Strange Bedfellows? Thinking About International/ Internet Marriages and the Debates They Inspire." With Jennifer Patico. Brown Bag Series.
- February 12, 2009 - "Talking Back to Imperial Power: Navigating the United Nations for Anti-racist Struggles." With Sylvanna Falcón (Connecticut College). Co-sponsored by the Center for Latin American and Latino/a Studies and the Department of Sociology. 2008-2009 Speakers Series.
- March 25, 2009 - "The Wedding Banquet Revisited: 'Contract Marraiages' Between Korean Gays and Lesbians." With John Cho (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign). Co-sponsored by the Asian Studies Program and the Department of Anthropology. 2008-2009 Speakers Series.
- March 25, 2009 - WSI Graduate Student Mock Conference Panel. Brown Bag Series. With WSI graduate students.